The mission of Jefferson Adult Education is to provide all participants with the best educational opportunities to achieve their potential as productive and responsible members of a democratic society. We are committed to fulfilling the mandate of Adult Education in California by directing resources to serving those traditionally underserved; especially those disadvantaged economically or academically. The Jefferson Union High School District maintains its commitment to provide quality public education for adults. Jefferson Adult Education (JAE) strives to support adults who want to improve their English, earn a high school diploma or GED certificate. JAE is dedicated to preparing student immigrants for citizenship and civic participation through English, computer and literacy instruction. JAE recognizes the importance of developing necessary skills for employment. JAE contributes to children’s success through parenting and family literacy courses. JAE values life-long learning through general interest classes that stimulate a healthy mind and body.
It is the philosophy of Jefferson Adult Education that continuing education is essential to the perpetuation of the democratic principles which guide this state and nation, and that each individual has access to the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve self-fulfillment as a responsible member of an ever-changing society.
Goals & Objectives
Jefferson Adult Education students will be prepared to be:
- Effective communicators who are able to:
- Acquire listening skills to communicate with others.
- Utilize spoken and written communication effectively.
- Incorporate various forms of technology to enhance communication.
- Critical thinkers who are able to:
- Apply knowledge to personal life situations.
- Find and analyze information.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Productive individuals who are able to:
- Set and pursue personal, educational, and vocational goals.
- Appreciate and continue life-long learning.
- Work independently and collaboratively.
- Active community members who are able to:
- Demonstrate responsibility for self, family, and others.
- Show awareness of and respect for cultural diversity.
Jefferson Adult Education is a WASC accredited school. If you would like more information regarding the process, please see the website of the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges